MS in Biomedical Engineering at UNT
Applicants must complete the online application for admission at: https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX
- GRE scores (official)
- TOEFL score (for international students only, official) or IELTS
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (official)
- Previous research or work experience (if applicable)
The Admissions Committee will review each prospective student’s application. Applicants will be evaluated holistically. Admissions are competitive and decisions will be made, keeping in mind resources available each year.
Submit all relevant documents to:
UNT Graduate School
1155 Union Circle #310440
Denton, Texas 76203-5017.
Fully completed applications must be submitted by July 15, for Domestic students
Fully completed applications must be submitted by March 15, for International students
Application Deadlines for Assistantships:
Fully completed applications must be submitted by March 1, for all students.
Leveling courses will be required for applicants with degrees other than Biomedical Engineering. The leveling courses include:
- Mathematics through multivariable calculus
- Physics including mechanics, electricity and magnetism
- BMEN 2320, Biomedical Instrumentation
- BMEN 2330, Biomedical Transport Phenomena
- BMEN 3310, Human Systems
- BMEN 3312, Introduction to Biomechanics or BMEN 3321, Biomaterials
Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering Concentration in Materials Science and Engineering
Please refer to the following link for applications to the PhD concentration in Biomedical Engineering within Materials Science and Engineering:
If your previous degree (BS or MS) is an area other than Biomedical Engineering, then you may need to take some leveling courses. Please consult with your graduate advisor in Biomedical Engineering.