The Joint Admission Medical Program (JAMP) is a special program created by the Texas Legislature to support and encourage highly qualified, economically disadvantaged Texas resident students pursuing a medical education.
Funded through the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, JAMP (https://www.texasjamp.org/) is a unique partnership between all nine Texas medical schools and sixty-seven public and private four-year undergraduate institutions.
Since 2003, JAMP has been helping Texas students achieve their dreams with guaranteed admission to one of the state's nine medical schools, financial, and academic support to help them get there, and access to resources that allow them to excel.
- Support through undergraduate scholarships and summer stipends
- Placement into JAMP Summer Internship experiences
- Hands-on experience through clinical enrichment opportunities
- Comprehensive, multi-phase MCAT preparation program
- Personal and professional development through dedicated mentoring
- Guaranteed admission to a participating Texas medical school if all criteria are met
- Scholarships to attend medical school
This year, 2 Biomedical Engineering students have been selected in to the JAMP program: Anni Blair and Fernando Moreno.
My undergraduate study in Biomedical Engineering prepares me for future study, training and profession. When I go to medical school, I will pursue the M.D/ M.P.H. dual degree with a concentration in epidemiology. I plan to specialize in surgery during post medical school training, but it may change after clinical rotation, so I will keep an open-mind.
My career goal is to attend medical school to become a cardiologist. While in medical school I am going to be self-motivated and 100% devoted to genuinely comprehend what I learn. I have a big heart; I want to be a role model for people of all ages by showing that hard work and the willingness to help others will lead to success in life. Attending medical school will prepare me to face any challenge in the medical profession and to encourage my community to lead a healthy lifestyle.