The department offers Masters of Science in Biomedical Engineering with the following options.
- Thesis option - minimum of 30 semester hours required beyond the bachelor's degree.
- Non-thesis option - minimum of 33 semester hours required beyond the bachelor's degree.
Courses for MS in Biomedical Engineering
Certificate in Health Services Management
Option To Get a Certificate in Health Services Management from the Department of Health Management and Policy at the UNT Health Science Center.
These Four Following Courses Constitute a Certificate in Health Services Management, offered ONLINE by the UNT HSC in Fort Worth, Texas:
- HMAP 5320, HMAP 5321, HMAP 5330, BIOS 5300
*For non-thesis option students, obtaining a certificate in Health Management does not require any additional courses beyond the 33 hours. For thesis option students, obtaining a certificate in Health Services Management would require an extra course to their degree plan, thus resulting in a total of 33 credit hours.
MS in Biomedical Engineering / MBA in Business Management
There are Ph.D. programs with a concentration in Biomedical Engineering:
- Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering Concentration in Materials Science and Engineering
- Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering Concentration in Mechanical and Energy Engineering
- Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering Concentration in Electrical Engineering
If your previous degree (BS or MS) is an area other than Biomedical Engineering, then you may need to take some leveling courses. Please consult with your graduate advisor in Biomedical Engineering.