The fundamental research conducted at the department of Biomedical Engineering focuses on the following area:
- Micro and Nanoengineering in Medicine
- Nanomaterials Biotechnology
- Biolpolymers and Flexible Bioelectronics
Advanced BioNEMS Laboratory
- Micro-/nano-fabrication, especially using cleanroom technology, polymeric nanotechnology and flexible electronics for manufacturing micro-/nanoscale Bio-chips.
- On-chip cell or molecular manipulation, such as magnetic tweezers, dielectrophoresis(dep), and& microfluidics.
- BioMEMS for gene and drug delivery in vivo and in vitro.
- Biomechanic/ Orthopaedic Research
Micro and Nanoengineering in Medicine Lab