For students applying to the MS program in Biomedical Engineering at UNT for fall 2020, the Department of Biomedical Engineering is offering a refund of the graduate application fee (upon completion of fall 2020 semester) for up to 30 students, subject to availability of funding. Students eligible to receive the refund will be determined based on the criteria below. Students will be selected by a Biomedical Engineering faculty and staff committee.
- Apply for MS in Biomedical Engineering at UNT
- Bachelor’s degree GPA
- Be admitted as a graduate student in Biomedical Engineering
- Register for 9 SCH in fall 2020
- Complete the fall 2020 semester with a GPA ≥ 3.0
The Department of Biomedical Engineering follows the application priority dates set by Toulouse Graduate School.
Fall applicants: We begin awarding assistantship funding on January 15th each year. To be considered for all funding opportunities, submit all required application materials by January 15th.
- GRE scores (official)
- TOEFL score (for international students only, official) or IELTS
- Transcripts (official)
- Previous research or work experience (if applicable)
Submit official transcripts and all other relevant documents to:
UNT Graduate School
1155 Union Circle #310440
Denton, Texas 76203-5017
Leveling Courses for Non-Biomedical Engineering Applicants
Leveling courses will be required for applicants with undergraduate degrees other than Biomedical Engineering. The leveling courses include:
- Mathematics through multivariable calculus
- Physics including mechanics, electricity and magnetism
- BMEN 2320, Biomedical Instrumentation
- BMEN 2330, Biomedical Transport Phenomena
- BMEN 3310, Human Systems
- BMEN 3312, Introduction to Biomechanics or BMEN 3321, Biomaterials